NOT A JOKE!!!

I wake up from my bed listening to the wonderful sounds outside, positive energy travels from one corner of my room to another. I believe that there is nothing that can stop me today until I interact with humans, until I hear, "You are so thin, you are gonna die soon."

Well you might think that being thin is not something to be worried about. You might think being thin is great. Well not where I live. Yes, I am thin. Yes, I can fit into my 7th grade clothes. Yes, I may look like a skeleton. Yes, I am tall. Yes, I don't occupy much space. This is normal and there is nothing I can change about it.

Body shaming is not a joke. A person loses his/her self respect, confidence and will always be conscious about their body. There are long-term consequences for your words. Body shaming begins from family. It makes a person hate socializing with family. "You are so thin." My entire life I have been hearing this and you can't imagine the happiness when a person does not comment on my physical appearance. The only way to body shame is not to. 

I am not the only one out there who is judged because of how they look. So to all the people out there, it is okay to not be "perfect." What you wear and how you look does not matter. Being flat or fat does not matter. The only thing that matters is what you think about yourself. Always love yourself and always keep you standards high.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anaga starts to think.

MISTAKES

LOVE